Recommend This Business
Lincoln Soil and Water Conservation District
23 North Coast Highway
Newport, Oregon 97365
Primary phone: (541) 265-2631
Fax: (541) 265-9351
Mission of Lincoln SWCD
To improve and conserve natural resources on agricultural, forested, private, urban and rural lands in Lincoln County by:
* Providing information, education, and outreach.
* Providing technical assistance to private landowners to develop and implement conservation plans on their property.
* Providing an interface between agencies and landowners.
* Collaborating with federal, state, and local government agencies and groups.
The Lincoln Soil and Water Conservation District has a proven track record of assisting landowners to put conservation practices on the ground.
District Technical staff, with assistance from the United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service, can provide at no cost to you:
* Assistance to protect and restore riparian areas and wetlands; improve crop, pasture, and forest lands; and manage wildlife habitat.
* Voluntary Water Quality Stewardship and Farm Plans designed specifically for your needs and your property.
* Education programs, demonstration projects, tours, workshops, special events, publications, and one-on-one consultations.
* Methods to manage livestock and manure which will reduce your costs and protect your land and water quality.
Key search phrases: Water Conservation District, Water Quality, Monitoring and Evaluation, Natural Resource Management, Invasive Species, Education and Outreach